Friday, February 10, 2017

As if I didn't have enough to do...

So a couple months ago I found a fun group on facebook dedicated to comic books. Just comic books, no selling, no trading, just the pure joy of finding comics, reading comics, completing a runs, enjoying the medium, you get the idea.  It's a fun group full of comic geeks geeking out to comic books and it's just great.  I looked around facebook and tried to find something comparable, but most sites dedicated to cards are trading or selling groups.  So I decided to make one.  And the Trading Card Collector's Society was born.


So if you're looking for a group on facebook to share your cards, talk about cards, have questions about cards, but don't want to be bombarded by people trying to sell their cards stop on over.  And feel free to promote your blog on the group as well.

I only have a couple hard core rules.  No selling or trading.  I've been part of other groups that did allow this and I ended up leaving because that's all the group became.  And the big rule is keep it civil, keep it clean (no nudity or profanity), and no bullying.

That's it pretty much anything else goes.  Love hockey cards? Post about them. Love non-sport movie tie in card sets? Awesome post about it.  Love TTM?  Great post about it.  Love autographs, relics, have a favorite player, team, or card set?  Post about it!!!

cb out

6 comments:

  1. I just submitted a request to join

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be joining later today. Sounds fun! Which comic group do you refer? I'm in a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun...although I tend to agree with the title of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Request submitted! There's a FB group I recently joined for selling and trading. It was great at first. I picked up some nice cards cheap. Then my FB inbox was flooded with others trying to sell me cards because they noticed I liked certain players. Not cool! Looking forward to a group dedicated to the collecting aspect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing about FB groups. I might even be a member of one or two, but don't really know what they're about. This group sounds cool though. Very simple and straight to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cynicalbuddha, you won a contest on my blog. I sent an e-mail to the hotmail address listed on your profile, but I haven't seen a reply. Is there a better way to get in touch with you so I can ship out your prize? chonk344(at)gmail(dot)com is my e-mail address. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete