Wednesday, May 8, 2013

2013 Score Football...Already and not for the cheap anymore!!

So I just happen to be checking out the release calendar for upcoming products and I noticed that Panini is already releasing it's 2013 Score football product.  Wow that just seems really early, but they are putting out the first 2013 product from any company, that means first new rookie cards from this years draft and autos!!

I also noticed that Score has now doubled in price.  And while that still makes it one of the cheapest products out there I use to love being able to pick up a box of Score for under $30.  Well no more.  Panini has decided to follow the trend and now each box will contain one auto or relic card. 

The relic cards are new for Score.  A product that use to put one to two autos in per case.  I remember pulling a Peyton Manning auto number to just 10 and almost pooped my pants!  

Score is also offering Jumbo boxes with 3 hits guaranteed.  Panini must be subscribing to the Topps model on how to put out a product now.

I was looking at the sell sheets and the one thing I noticed missing was an example of the base card. But Panini is pushing the rookie aspect of the set and there will be 110 rookies like usual.

I also noticed that there will be hobby and retail now too.

And celebrating the 25th anniversary of the first Score set, this years rookies will be on the 1989 design, didn't they already do that?  



Of course since Panini is now following the Topps example there will be multiple colored parallel cards, yes I now Score already had Gold, Red and End Zone, Score Card, Artist Proof, ect parallels, but I don't see these listed for this year except for the Artist Proofs.
The Rookies will also have Red and Blue parallels. I'm not sure if these are Wal-Mart and Target exclusives, but they're in the sell sheet.

There are also Hot rookie inserts and an autograph parallel
And an Inscriptions auto inserts too.
And while I have no example there will also be Super Bowl cards featuring the Ravens.  There probably will be other inserts as well.  I also noticed that the glossy parallels aren't mentioned.  I don't think anyone will be sad to see those go.

2 comments:

  1. The 89 Score FB design is one of my personal favorites... but it's been used way too many times. Isn't 2014 technically their 25th Anniversary for FB? I know they came out with baseball in 1988... but save that anniversary for baseball products.

    Sorry... don't mean to come off as ranting. I just love that design and hate to see something get played out. Great product review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a great summary, I found your blog page browsing for a related subject cheap football memorabilia matter and came here. I could not find much additional info, so it was good to discover this website.

    ReplyDelete