Monday, May 1, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 18


Day 18 - A card of a player who became manager of your favorite team.

I ended up picking not really a card, but a fun oddball.  As a Brewers fan I had a few managers to choose from, but in the end it really wasn't a contest.  I picked the guy that let the Crew to their only World Series appearance.  Harvey Kuenn.  Not only that Harvey had a pretty successful baseball career.  Harvey was a ten time All-Star, Rookie of the Year in 1953 and won the AL batting crown in 1959.  While his 15 year career stats didn't earn him a trip to Cooperstown, his numbers still were pretty decent.  I won't retell the story of his coming to helm the Brewers.  But Harvey has some great oddballs from his playing days.  One of my favorites is this 1962 Topps Baseball Bucks.

1 comment:

  1. 1962 Topps Bucks are awesome oddballs! It's cool to see Candlestick Park on this Kuenn.

    ReplyDelete