Saturday, May 6, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 21


Day 21: A card of a rookie you thought you were "investing" in.

This one was a toss up between two players from my youth.  I think the Night Owl actually did a piece on one of them.  Two players from the 90's stick out from the glory days of overproduction and speculation.  Gregg Jefferies and Todd Van Poppel.  Both were pheoms and both had decent careers, not great careers, and neither one panned out to be the super stars the hobby predicted.  So for today's challenge I'm featuring a rookie card for each of these guys.  I think I still might have my hoard of rookies somewhere, or maybe my brother stole them.

2 comments:

  1. Saw Van Poppel play Double A ball in Jacksonville against the Suns way back in the day. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I think about trying my hand at prospecting, I always flip through my Van Poppel collection.

    ReplyDelete