Sunday, February 5, 2012

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! The Second Annual Almost the Easiest Superbowl Contest has a winner.



Well. I have to say most of that Super Bowl was a little boring. But wow what an ending.  And in the end we didn't have anyone pick the right team to win.  So we have to go to the 9 that had the right team to lose.  Well here lets have a look at what we had to deal with.

First the correct answer and tie breakers were:

  Giants over Patriots, 38 points, 1 TO.

Going into the Super Bowl we had 4 contestants that pegged the Patriots to win it all.

Spankee - Patriots over Saints, 60 points, 3 TO's
Skroeker - Patriots over Packers, 56 points, 3 TO's
SpastikMoose - Patriots over Saints, 45 points, 5 TO's
Josh D. - Patriots over Packers, 61 points, 1 TO 


But seeing as the Patriots didn't win that means everybody is back in it and we have to go to the tie breakers.  Of the 30 contestants 9 picked the Patriots to be the losing team.

The Diamond King - Packers over New England, 69 points, 2 TO's

Colbey - Saints over Patriots, 54 points, 1 TO's

The Dimwit - Saints over Patriots, 63 points, 3 TO's

Mariner1 - Saints over Patriots, 72 points, 1 TO

Matt - 49ers over Patriots, 73 points, 5 TO's

Kyle4KC - Packers over Patriots, 54 points, 3 TO's, pimp


dkwilson - Packers over Patriots, 59 points, 2 TO's

Play at the Plate - Saints over Patriots, 73 points, 3 TO, and 36 pass-interference calls.

Fuji - Packers over Patriots, 73 points, 4 TO's


The total combine points for the game was only 38. Well below what most people thought it would be. But we did have two that picked the closest to 38.

Colbey - Saints over Patriots, 54 points, 1 TO's
Kyle4KC - Packers over Patriots, 54 points, 3 TO's, pimp

And the Grand Prize winner is Colbey aka Flywheels from Cardboard Collections! Who actually won my World Series contest too.  And correctly guessed the correct amount of turnovers in the game.

Congratulations to Kyle4KC who gets second place. 

And we had 64 entries for the door prize.  Everyone who entered was a follower so that's 60 entries and then I had 4 people pimp the contest for an extra entry.Here's the results from Random.org.

Here's a close up of the top of the list.



Congratulations to the Cardhobbyist!!.  I know I have Colbey's address, but I'll need Kyle4KC's and the Cardhobbyists address to ship stuff out this coming week.  I'll try and give you two an email tomorrow morning.  I realize I'm writting this pretty late for the rest of the lower 48 and you'll probably be reading this Monday morning.  But if you either of you two read this and want to email first feel free. My email is in my profile.

Thanks to everyone who played and thanks for making it my biggest contest yet. 

On a totally differnent note I finally got my grubby little hands on some Series 1 baseball so I'll probably have a box break and review up in a few days.

Thanks
cb out.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners and thanks for holding the contest again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Missed the door prize by 1. :-)

    Thanks for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Maybe I should take my bets to Vegas now after winning the World Series and Super Bowl contests!

    ReplyDelete