Tuesday, March 28, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 1


Tony over at Off Hiatus Sportcards recently posted a great idea based on another idea that I'm sure was based on something else.  But regardless I'm all in.  Because, one I haven't felt like blogging. Two these will be 30 easyish post to come up with.  And three, why not?

So first up Day 1: A card from the current year with a photo you like.


I went with fun.  It's interesting that the Brewers got two cards in the Opening Day Mascots set.  Especially since it seems like pulling teeth getting Topps to give an respect to the club or it's players, but Hank's story is pretty cool and how can you not love that face?  Hank was found as a stray at the Brewers Spring Training facility in Arizona.  After attempting to find his owners the team officially adopted him and he's been a fixture around the team since 2014.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing all of these posts. Hopefully a bunch of other bloggers will join in as well. There's no way I'll be able to do it in 30 days... but I love the idea so much that I'm gonna try to do it in 30 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is quite a challenge. Love the Brewer Pup card. I couldn't do this without planning it for several months or years, by that time I'd have to choose again a card from the "current year". My biggest hurdle on this thing is posting everyday, thus having to plan it out.

    ReplyDelete