Friday, March 31, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 4

Day 4 - A rookie card of one of your favorite players.

It should come as no surprise that I chose a card from my all time favorite player, Robin Yount.  What might surprise you is which rookie card I chose.  Since I'm going to feature Robin's 1975 Topps card eventually I figure why not feature a great oddball now.  My 1975 Hostess Twinkie card.  The 1975 Hostess set was Hostess' first attempt at what would become an annual offering, at least for the next 5 years. In the 70's you didn't have a whole lot of selection when it came to baseball cards, so the Hostess set added that little extra for collectors.  Of course the Twinkies were set directly on the cards so, except for the rare unused versions of these, they all have grease stains.  But for me it's like a relic card with dirt still in the fabric. It just adds character.  



No comments:

Post a Comment