Saturday, April 29, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 16

Day 16 - A card of a player whom you appreciate but don't like.

Man made it half way!  A lot has happened since I decided to take Tony L's 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge.  I went on a trip to visit family in Wisconsin, I just had my gallbladder removed, we are selling our home and buying a new one.  So if I've lagged behind it's because I'm a little busy and I like to ponder the question at hand.

So for Day 16 I dig deep into my boxes.  Just kidding they're all packed away right now, but I knew who I wanted to feature and I knew which card.

Meet Derek Jeter and his 2000 Topps Tek Tektonics die cut insert card.  It's a pretty cool card.  I have no idea where I picked this up and now that every card I own is mothballed in storage I have no idea where it's at.
I'm not a Yankees fan or a Jeter fan for that matter.  But I am a fan a player that can put together a 20 year career with the same team.  That shows dedication not only on the player, but also the team.  Put behind that Derek's 5 World Series rings, 14 All-Star appearances, 5 Silver Slugger awards, 5 Golden Gloves, etc, etc.  I have no doubt that Derek will be a first round Hall of Famer.  So I can appreciate what this man was able to do for the Yankees.

No comments:

Post a Comment