Friday, May 20, 2011

Another sad day in the world of "Sports".

I just heard this on the radio and it is TMZ that is reporting this but appears that the Macho Man Randy Savage has died in a car accident caused by a massive heart attack. 

You may remember Randy from his years in the WWF and WCW and his wife and manager Miss Elizabeth.  Sadly Miss Elizabeth died from a alcohol and drug overdose in 2003. 

I really got into Pro Wrestling in the late 80's just as the WWF was hitting it's peak.   I think any fan of current or classic Pro Wrestling is a little saddened today. Savage was 58.

Just seems like a lot of high profile sports deaths this month so far, with Harmon Killebrew passing away earlier this week, to the college football deaths, and the death of Samuel Wanjiru, the Kenyan Marathon gold medalist.

We'll miss you Macho Man.

On a completely different topic Harold Camping has predicted that the end of days is tomorrow.  What time tomorrow?  Does the Rapture start on eastern standard time or central?  So I've decided to cash in my IRA and buy as many cases of Bowman as possible.  Just kidding.  I did pick up two jumbo packs yesterday, before they're gone and prices skyrocket.  Was I impressed? Not really,  but if I'm still here on Monday I'll have a post about it.

Have a good weekend everybody.

cb out

1 comment:

  1. Randy Poffo, the most famous St Louis Cardinal back up catcher ever...... RIP.

    ReplyDelete