Thursday, October 16, 2014

Almost the Easiest World Series Contest on the Web 4 - World Series Round

Well I got to see zero games in the league championships, but I've been checking box scores.

Out of 14 contestants we're down to 5.  Four picking the Royals and only one person picked the Giants to win it all.

Here are the picks going into the championship series.


John Hazen - Baltimore over the Nats 7 games 8 homeruns

hiflew - Orioles over the Cardinals in 6 games. 9 HRs.

Josh D. - Royals over Dodgers. 7 games. 6 HRs

Jeff S - KC Royals over Pirates in 7 games, 5 HRs. pimped

Red Cardboard - Cardinals over Orioles, 5 games, 5 HRs

Ryan H - Orioles over Pirates in 6 games with 9 homers

Paul Hadsall - San Francisco over Detroit, 5 games, 6 HRs, pimped

Jupiterhill -  Royals over the Giants in 6 games, with 5 homers.

Superduperman99 - Cardinals over Royals in 6 and 6 Home Runs

dgao - Cardinals over Angels in 6 games. 7 home runs.

Fuji - Royals over Dodgers, 6 games, 8 home runs

Praline - Orioles over Giants 7 homers, 6 games

Mets Cardboard - Orioles over Dodgers, 6 games, 13 home runs

Wilson - Baltimore over San Francisco, 6 games, 10 HR, pimped


And since we have the Giants and Royals in the World Series why not sweeten the pot with a couple cards from each team.

Unfortunately my secret stash is a little short on great Giants and Royals cards, but I did manage to find a couple cool cards.  First up is the Steve Holm Auto.  Steve didn't have a very long career with the Giants or a very good one, but he does have this auto from 2009 Upper Deck.

I couldn't find any autos for the Royals in my stash, but I did find a nice Mike Sweeney relic from the 2003 Finest set.  Sweeny had a nice long career in the Major and spent 12 years with the Royals. Mike ended his career in 2011 by signing a one day contract so he could end his career as a Royal after playing with the Athletics, Mariners and Phillies.

 Another fun fact about Mike Sweeny is that I am exactly 2 days older than him.

I also plan on added some cards to the winners favorite team and the same for the door prize winner.

Alright here are the final 5.  Good luck guys.




Josh D. - Royals over Dodgers. 7 games. 6 HRs

Jeff S - KC Royals over Pirates in 7 games, 5 HRs. pimped

Paul Hadsall - San Francisco over Detroit, 5 games, 6 HRs, pimped

Jupiterhill -  Royals over the Giants in 6 games, with 5 homers.

Fuji - Royals over Dodgers, 6 games, 8 home runs


4 comments:

  1. Looks like this is down to a 2 man race, right? If the Giants win, Paul wins. If the Royals win, Jupiterhill wins since he was the only person to have them facing the Giants. Or maybe I'll making a false assumption about how the tiebreakers are weighted. In any case, good luck to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I didn't analysis this too much as I wrote the post pretty late. But yep the first tie breaker would be the decider here.

      Delete
  2. Sweet! I'm not real sure what made me pick Giants (its pretty obvious why I picked the Royals), other than I think I made my prediction right after the Giants won the Wild Card game.

    That's a nice Sweeney card by the way. I think he is still an ambassador for the Royals, he is really a nice guy.

    ReplyDelete