Friday, December 6, 2013

A Swing and a Big Ass Trade


I love finding new blogs and I love finding new trading partners even more.  I recently entered a contest over at Swing and a Pop-Up. The contest was actually pretty hard and I didn't win, but Bert the proprietor of the blog emailed me with a trade proposition. He told me he could put a huge hurt on some of my set needs especially the 80's and 90's Topps.  Boy he wasn't kidding.  

Some trades are glamorous, exchanging cool autos or relics and other trades are more blue collar.  And I've been in both and I'll take a good old blue collar, knock a few hundred cards from my needs list trades any day. 

Bert ended up sending me a mostly full 800 count box full of late 80's goodness.

 I don't know if you can tell from the edges but there was a nice stack of 1986, 1987, 1988, and 1990 Topps in there and a huge stack of 1989 and 1992 Topps.
 He also included a couple 1981 cards and a nice stack of Brewers cards for my Brewers team sets.
I'm still working through it all, but I did manage to update my need list. All those sets are now much more manageable. I figure I'll should be able to knock off almost all my late 80's and 90's sets with my next Justcommons.com purchase.

This has been one of my more epic trades and I'm glad I got at least one more off before most of my collection gets mothballed later this month to start working on the nursery.  Thanks again Bert.

No comments:

Post a Comment