Monday, December 30, 2013

Almost the Easiest Super Bowl Contest on the Web IV - Official Sign up Post

It's that time of year again.  Can't believe that the regular season's already over.  That just flew by.  But with the end of the regular season comes Collector's Crack Almost the Easiest Super Bowl Contest on the Web IV!!!  Man how great was it the the last game of the regular season meant something for a few divisions. And talk about some crazy games. I still can't believe my Packers made it in.

Like years past I just want you to tell me who's going to win the Super Bowl.  There are definitely a few teams that seem to be the front runners this year, but that means nothing now that it's win or go home time.
And since I'm sure a few of you guys will probably pick the same team to win we'll need a few tie breakers.  So in your entry also tell me who the opponent will be, total number of points, and total number of turnovers in the game (both teams fumbles and interceptions).

So your entry would look something  like this:

Seattle over Denver, 56 points, 4 turnovers

Here are your choices
NFC
Seattle Seahawks
Carolina Panthers
Philadelphia Eagles
Green Bay Packers
New Orleans Saints - Wildcard
San Fransisco 49ers - Wildcard

AFC
New England Patriots
Cincinnati Bengals
Indianapolis Colts
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs - Wildcard
San Diego Chargers - Wildcard

I know you're saying, "CB that's great, but what can we win?"

This year it's nothing but autos!!!

The Champion will get these two great cards!
 I picked up this great 1996 Laserview Inscriptions card of Jim Everett a while back and I had thought about holding on to it, but it really is too cool. The card is one of those acetate cards and it's even hand numbered to 3100!
 Next up is a great card of a not so great player, but the card is pretty sweet.  And if you happen to be a Vikings fan or if you're a Seahawks fan I guess your hoping you don't need him. Poor Tavaris really didn't get much of a chance as a starter and is probably one of those guys that will spend most of his career on the bench, but this is still a sweet card and it can be yours if you win.

Plus I'll throw in some cards from your favorite team. No promises on the greatness of those cards as most of my collection has been mothballed, but I can always raid Don's dime and dollar boxes.

But wait there's more.  Just for taking part in my little contest you can win this great card I just pulled from a hobby pack of Topps Strata.

You're probably saying to yourself who the heck is Mike Gillislee? like I was saying that a few moments ago. Well he was a Gator and after looking up his stats didn't do too shabby there. Unfortunetly this year he only saw playing time on the last game of the season with 6 carries for whopping 21 yards. And those are his rookie stats.  But the Dolphins are on the verge of....well the verge, so this could be a great prospect card. I'm just not going to be the one who's holding on to it.  Plus I'll throw in some extra goodies like always.
And don't forget if you pimp this contest on your blog I'll give you another entry into the door prize drawing!

Just leave a comment with a link to the pimp, you can do it with your entry or separate, I don't care.

Alright boys and girls it's on!!!
The contest will officially close at Noon Alaska Time, 4pm Eastern,  on Saturday Janurary 4th. The Colts - Chiefs game starts about a half hour after that. I'll be putting up reminders all week and I'll have an post with everybodies picks sometime on Saturday.  Good Luck and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.  CB out

39 comments:

  1. Seattle Seahawks over New England Patriots, 40 total points and 2 turnovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a pimping post about the contest:
    http://packwar.blogspot.com/2013/12/collectors-crack-super-bowl-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I still can't believe my Packers made it in."

    I still can't believe my Bears didn't make it in. Seriously, how lucky can one team get? I would good luck in the playoffs, but I think they have used up all of their luck for the next 10 years. But I'm not bitter.

    Anyway,

    Seattle over Indianapolis, 48 points, 4 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll say Denver over Seattle, 52 points, 3 turnovers.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indy over Seattle 38 points 3 turnovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolina over Cincinnati, 46 points, 3 turnovers.

    Thanks for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seattle over New England 36 points, 2 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denver over Seattle 63 Points 4 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seattle over Denver, 50 points, 4 Turnovers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Promoted here:

      http://tenetsofwilson.blogspot.com/2013/12/two-contests-this-week.html

      Delete
  10. New England over Seattle, 63 points, 3 Turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denver over Carolina
    49 points
    5 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Time to defend my title...last year I went with defence, this year I go with offense

    Denver over San Francisco. 44 points and 2 turnovers.

    Thank you for the contest, and good luck everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 49ers over Denver (what can I say, I am a homer)
    55 points and 4 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Got ya pimped.

    http://playattheplatedude.blogspot.com/2013/12/who-wants-some-super-bowl-crack.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eagles over Broncos. 64 total points and 3 turnovers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Denver over Packers, 63 points, 2 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Denver over Carolina 53 points 4 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm going with da Denver BRONCOS over Da Seattle Seahawks 57 points 5 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm more of a dog person but bengals over panthers in six, 12 homers. 42points 5 turnovers three concussions but only one televised

    ReplyDelete
  20. San Diego over Seattle, 33 points, 4 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carolina (I don't want to jinx the Packers or the Seahawks... and Carolina's D is legit) over the Broncos

    42 points

    4 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eagles over Broncos 52 points 2 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  23. Denver over San Francisco. 54 Points, 2 TO's

    ReplyDelete
  24. ok, Crack here is my guess and pimping let the fun begin.

    Denver over 49ers 65 points 3 turnovers

    http://dionsipautosonly.blogspot.com/2013/12/collectors-crack-super-bowl-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Come on you so called Packer Fans... show some balls..
    Greg Zakwin has correct teams, WRONG outcome..
    PACKERS over Broncos...58 pts ...3 turnovers (all by Manning)
    please don't wake me..

    pimp http://fanatticsportscards.blogspot.com/2013/12/happy-new-year-super-bowl-contest-at.html

    keep on collecting !!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carolina Panthers over New England Patriots, 55 total points, 3 turnovers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Broncos over Seahawks - 57 points, 3 turnovers.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, fun contest. Here we go:

    San Fran over Denver 62 points and 4 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  29. Denver over Green Bay - 75 points, 2 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  30. chiefs over green bay 1 turnover 46 points

    ReplyDelete
  31. Panthers over Broncos, 48 points, 5 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's literally been YEARS, but glad I came across this contest again this year! Always was/has been my favorite.

    My pick: Broncos over Panthers, 35 points, 2 turnovers

    ReplyDelete
  33. Broncos over Packers. 52 points. 1 turnover.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Colts over Panthers. 37 points. 3 turnovers.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! My Panthers are getting lots of "love" this post season (finally!). I'm picking the Panthers over the Broncos, 48 points, 2 turnovers.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Saints over Patriots 47 and 2.

    The pimping will happen today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Promoted here http://needmorecardboard.blogspot.com/2014/01/super-bowl-contest-at-collectors-crack.html

    ReplyDelete