Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Musings on Ben Sheets.


Now this isn't a hate post.  When Ben was a Brewer he was our guy.  But Ben was prone to injury.  When he was on he was golden.  Took us to the playoffs in 2008 and then got hurt.  Is it his fault?  No of course not.  But when I look at guys who pitched for 20 + years like Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens, Greg Maddox, ect, I guess they were just built of better stuff. 

So I was pursuing ebay and checkoutmycards.com and saw some Sheets cards for cheap.  I didn't bite, but it got me thinking that I hadn't heard anything about him since I heard the A's signed him this year to a 1 year 10 million dollar deal. 

So guess where he is.  On the DL again.  He had 20 starts this year, finishing 4-9.  That's half a mil for a day's work and not a good days work, not too shabby.  But I'm sad to say that maybe it's time for Ben to give it up.

Maybe he can give Strasburg some pointers in rehab.

No comments:

Post a Comment