Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! 3rd Annual Almost the Easiest World Series Contest on the Web Winners!!


Well, well, well.  Boston finally cliches at home!  And we have the end to another contest here at Collector's Crack.

Out of the 30 entries only 2 guys correctly guessed the team to win it all.  Neither one correctly guessed the right opponent, but one did guess the right number of games.  Congrats to AdamE who writes the blog Thoughts and Sox, although he's been absent as of late.  But hopefull with this great win, both for his favorite team and my contest, he might have something to blog about. Adam expect an email from me soon, I just need to make sure your address is still the same. And congrats to Richard Nebe Jr, for also getting so close.

If you don't remember what you picked you can go here for the full list. and the prizes.


Here's what the complete correct prediction would have been.

Red Sox over Cardinals in 6, 6HRs

Here are the final round guesses.

Richard Nebe Jr - Boston over the Braves in 5 with 7 homers. PIMP

Cards from the Quarry - Cardinals over the Indians in 6 with 13 homers.

Bo - Cardinals over A's in 5 with 4 HRs


Superduperman99 - Cardinals over the A's in 6 with 9 home runs


Shane Patrick - Cardinals over A's in 6. 11 touh 'em alls


Andrew Carwile - Cardinals over Boston in 6. 6 homeruns


AdamE - Red Sox over Dodgers, 6 games, 14 HR.

Wilson -  Cardinals over Boston in 7, 10 HR PIMP

Congrats Adam, I'll have to see if I can dig up a few Sox for you too. Adam also has the distinction of being the only other blogger I've ever met in person.

Now onto the door prize winner.

 I always like having a second prize, so at least all those who entered still have a shot at winning something and also as an incentive to pimp the contest. If you didn't see my post about it up for grabs were three vintage 1969 Topps cards.

 Out of the 30 who entered I only had 4 people post a link to their pimp. If you pimped the contest you got an extra entry into the door prize drawing.  I took the list of entries, plus the extra pimp entries, 34 in all, over to Random.org and randomized the list 3 times. Below is the screen capture of the event.
Congrats to the Night Owl for taking home the vintage! And I'm glad he won too. Since only he was brave enough to take the Indians before the wild card games.  I'll have some Dodgers in the mix for you too.

And I want to thank everyone who entered.  I also managed to add 3 new followers in the mix too. And overall it was a great playoffs and World Series.  I'm sure a few Red Bird fans might disagree, but it was a great match-up and nobody got swept, as a matter of fact I have a few really good friends who are Sox fans and they were very nervous going into tonight's game.  I just hope the city of Boston can survive the party.

Adam and Greg I'll try and get your prizes out by Friday.  Thanks again.



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for another great contest and congrats to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Adam. Awesome to see a Sawx fan win the contest with his favorite team!! I was a little over-confident in my games prediction but am truly amazed that I missed both the games and the homers by 1!!
    Congrats again to both Adam and Night Owl.
    Dawgbones...

    is it spring yet??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great contest. It has been a nail biting week and as happy as I am about the outcome I think almost half my feelings are just plain relief. If I can feel that much stress watching I can't imagine what the players must be feeling during a game.

    Stay warm up there in the north and if you make another trip to AZ let me know and we'll catch another game. Again, thanks for the great contest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the contest, cb. i sure miss watching the fall classic. rugby blows. adam is the only other blogger you've met in person except for me. we went to college together, remember?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well technically I knew you before we both started blogging so it doesn't count, and you haven't posted anything new on your blog in over 3 months, ahem, chop, chop.

      Delete