Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cynicalbuddha's Top 100 #1

Well what a great weekend.  Football wise, life wise.  Anyways.  I've seen a few blogs around the blog-o-sphere that have the bloggers top 100 cards, in their collections, best pulls ect.  And I though that's not a bad idea.  Some great cards on these lists and in those collections.  I've gotten a few nice cards through the years, why not do that myself?  And since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I'm going to do it too.  It also gives me 100 posts that are fairly easy to do if I get stuck for material. I expect it to be a long winter up here in Alaska. 

But the more I thought about it there was no way I would be able to rank 100 cards from best to 100th best, so I decided to just dig through my collection and post randomly, in no particular order.  Most of my top 100 will be centered around the Packers and Brewers and my player collections, but there have been some awesome pulls and pick ups through the years that had to be part of my permanent collection.

I also started a new page that I'll add to as I add each card.


But to start it off we will start with a card from my favorite baseball player of all time and the one card that was the gem in my collection for the longest time growing up.

Robin Yount's 1975 Topps #223 rookie card.  I cropped the image a little close but you can still see the rounded corners and even the slight crease in the card.  No this card wasn't anywhere near mint, but for me in the late eighties and early nineties this was my first Everest.  I've since upgraded and have quite a few rookies now in better shape than this, but I still have my first Yount rookie.


cheers
cb out

1 comment:

  1. Fellow Brewers Fan here and I was wondering if you had a stash of dupes to trade. I have some Brewers dupes, maybe we can work something out!

    ReplyDelete