Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cynicalbuddha's Top 100 #5



Now I know what your going to say, Really??!!??  There's a good story behind this card and why it's in my Top 100.  First off my Top 100 isn't about monetary worth, although that sometimes comes into play.  No my Top 100 is based more on things like experience, memories, enjoyment, and sometimes challenges.

That's what this card was, a challenge.  It wasn't hard to obtain, there are literally thousands for sale on ebay at any given time. No the challenge was to see if I could get this once highly sought after rookie card for less than a dollar, before shipping.  And I did.  It took awhile, but I finally won an auction for the minimum bid and fairly cheap shipping.  And while Mr. Bonds might hold the all time Home Run record (asterisk) he is and probably always will be a steroid outcast.  Just look how skinny and normal he looks here in 1986.  There was a time I pondered trying to repeat this challenge with other 'Roid Boy "hall of famers" like Canseco, McGwire, and Clemens, but I think one is enough.  Although I still wouldn't mind picking up a 85 McGwire for a buck.  So #5 on my Top 100...

1986 Topps Traded #11T Barry Bonds rookie Card.






cb out




No comments:

Post a Comment