Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My adventure with Checkout My Cards.


Well if you don't know about Checkoutmycards.com you haven't been reading your blogs.  So since everyone was raving about them I figured I'd give them a shot.  It was super easy to set up an account and since I already had a Paypal account even easier to get store credit.  I placed my order on Thursday the 21st, last week and got my cards today, Tuesday the 26th. It's nice the company is based in Redmond Washington so living up here in the Alaska boonies doesn't really matter, only took 4 business days to get my order, that is outstanding.  

As far a selection goes I'm impressed as well.  I ended up picking up 17 cards for different player collections for about 11 bucks.   Now here's my gripe with COMC.  The shipping is 3 bucks plus a quarter per card.  Unless you buy 50 cards and then it's 15.00 bucks.  So I ended up paying 8 bucks for shipping.  While I was able to get what I wanted I spent almost half my store credit on shipping, but I guess these guys need to make their money somewhere.  While the selection was great and so were the prices this shipping scheme seems to favor buying fewer higher priced cards as not to get your credit eaten up by shipping and handling.
Now onto what I got.

 Got a nice selection on Prince Fielder Refractors, and a rainbow foil and A&G cabnet card.


Also got 3 nice Braun cards for the Brewers collection and 2 cheap Frank Thomas Refractors.


I also added to my Robin Yount and Rollie Fingers collections.  Got a nice Ziploc oddball of Rollie there. As well as a nice mini Goudey and Goodwin and Old Judge insert.  It's nice to find some Robin Younts I needed as well.  The funny thing is that these cards are cheap but actually sometimes hard to find and definatley not worth buying singley off of ebay. 

Will I be back to COMC?  Yes I've already started putting together my next purchase.   Take them for what they are, a nice alternative to ebay.  Plus you don't have to worry about multiple sellers shipping you stuff since they keep all the cards at their warehouse.  Will I give up ebay?  Probably not. 
Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I just started using COMC. One thing that has been working for me is making offers. I think only one of 5 or 6 wasn't accepted and they made a half way counter-offer. If you can cut a card by a quarter you're basically getting free shipping (after your $3.00). You can even make offers on lower priced cards by combining cards with one seller. I'm building a stash and it should be cool to get them all at once. I'll post them when I do.

    ReplyDelete