Friday, March 30, 2012

TTM Success Cubs Manager and Former Brewers SS Dale Sveum

I had a nice mail day yesterday.  I got a few nice cards from my eBay buys and I also got 3 TTMs back.  I was pretty excited.

The first one I got back was former Brewers Shortstop and current manager for the Chicago Cubs Dale Sveum. Dale wasn't at the spring training game I was at so I figure I'd send a few cards to Hohokum Park in Mesa before the season began and I'm glad I did.

I'm slowly working on a new project blatently stolen from the Lost Collector's Yankees Topps Autograph project.  If you haven't checked out AJ's blog you should do so,  after you finish this post go HERE to check it out.

Anyways I sent Dale 3 cards, a nice Letter of Request and told him how happy I was he had gotten the Managers position and how sorry I was to see him leave the Brewers organization, yadda yadda yadda, all true by the way.  I was plesenatly surprised to get all three back signed very nicely.

While AJ was just trying to get every Topps card from 1952 to present signed by a different Brewer I'm trying not only Topps, but Fleer, Donruss, Upper Deck and even Score.

OK here are the cards...

1987 Topps.  I have a special place in my heart for 87 Topps as it's the first set I ever tried to put together.

1988 Fleer


And a 92 Fleer as well.  I really wish I'd have found a early Upper Deck to send instead of one of those Fleer cards but oh well.

Thank you Mr. Sveum for the great addition to my TTM Brewers collection.

Stats for this TTM

Address used
Chicago Cubs
HoHoKam Park
1235 N. Center St.
Mesa, AZ 85201

Date sent 3/19/12
Date recieved 3/29/12

Just 10 days!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like what they're doing with the Cubs but I think it's going to be a long season. Hopefully Dale's not expected to perform miracles. I don't think so. .500 would be good. Better would be a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete