Saturday, March 31, 2012

TTM Success Current MLB Network Analyst and Former Brewers Pitcher Dan Plesac

The last of my great mailday TTM returns was the last one from the first batch I sent out at the end of Feburary. I send requests to Teddy Higuera, Tim McIntosh and Sterling Sharpe as well.  Well Dan was the last to come in from that first batch but I'm glad they're here.  I'm also happy to have batted 100% for my first round of TTM to sports guys.  I do plan on sending more requests out to current players, but it's just so much fun to hit up guys I use to watch and show them a little love.

I sent Dan 3 cards and a nice Letter saying how much I enjoyed watching him as a kid and how much I love his views on the MLB.  Which I do and did.  He was nice enough to sign and return all three cards.  Like I said earlier I've decided to limit myself to one or two cards only from now on, but it's nice these guys don't mind signing all three.

Dan signed in a thin Sharpe or felt tip and while I would have preferred a thicker Sharpe, it's a beautiful signature well placed on the card.  Dan's a pro.

Next up is probably my card for my Topps TTM project, yes the idea was blatantly stolen from The Lost Collector.

1991 Topps

I also sent along a 1989 mainly because I can't resist this set.  I don't know what it is about the 1989 design, but it's one of my favorites from the junk wax era.  I think Teddy Higuera's autographed 89 geta the spot in the project, but this is still a super nice addition to the TTM collection.

Stats;
Address used:
Dan Plesac
c/o MLB Network
40 Hartz Way, Suite 10
Secaucus, NJ 07094



Date sent 2/27/12
Date Returned 3/19/12


Thanks to Dan Pleasac for the great additions to my Brewers TTM collection.

2 comments:

  1. "The Crafty Lefthander". They used to say that a lot when he was on TV in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!

    By the way, your cards arrived today. Thanks much for the trade. Appreciate the extras.

    I plan to get the other you asked about, after mine hit the mailbox, out to you soon.

    ReplyDelete