Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Didn't see that coming!! Topps Week 6 Rookie of the Week is.........

Well I guess Topps showed me!! Here I thought for sure that they would pick Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow for week 6's Rookie of the Week Redemption card.  Nope.  It was a much better week 6 for rookies than Week 5, lots of good stuff to choose from.

Chris Ivory, Saints rookie running back stepping up for Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush.  I guess I can see Topps wanting to mix it up seeing the last 2 week ROW's were QB's.  Now we've had  1 wide reciever, 2 quarterbacks, and 3 running backs.  Ivory did rush for 158 yards on just 15 carries, 10.5 yards a carry!! That's a first down every time he touched the ball.  That is pretty impressive.  Hmmmm I wonder if he's still available in my fantasy league.  He flew under my radar this Sunday as I was sitting at a sports bar with my buddy who's a huge Browns fan watching Colt McCoy's debut.  I was keeping my eye on the New Orleans game, I've got Brees as my starting fantasy QB,  and I had to crane my neck to get a look at the Packers game, which we won't mention.

Now I still think Colt McCoy should have gotten the honors.  He'll probably get it next week.  He did have 1 TD and threw for almost 300 yards!! I think it was 281 to be exact or something like that.  He did however throw 2 picks and that probably knocked him down a few notches, but with Clevelands front line and the loss of Cribbs in the first quarter I think he did pretty good and he looked good.  Could be a fun week 7.
What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment