Thursday, October 14, 2010

It was a slow week in the NFL for Rookies, I guess.


As I have been posting this football season I'm going to try and get a whole set and then some of Topps' hobby store redemption program Rookie of the Week cards.

This week their pick is Max Hall.  And all I can say is that it has to have been a super slow week in rookie stats for Max to be the Rookie of the Week.

Here is what Topps posted.
"Cardinals QB Max Hall's first career start was a triumphant one in Week 5, as he injected some much-needed life into a struggling team and rallied them to an upset over the Superbowl Champion New Orleans Saints. The undrafted BYU product showed toughness and poise as he completed a solid 63 percent of his passes, entrenching his spot as the starting signal-caller in Arizona."

What he actually did was throw for 163 yards, 1 Interception, 2 fumbles(recovered by one of his lineman who made the TD and the other for a positive yard gain),  with a QB rating of 65.  He made 17/27 passes, which yes is 63%. 

Yes the Card's won.  But it was their defense who won that day.  At least Hall admitted that in his interview.  Still if this is what makes the Rookie of the Week the bar is pretty low.

Now it sounds like I'm being a dick here and maybe I am a little.  But I have no hate for Max Hall, as a matter of fact I wish him all the best.  I'm a secret Cardinals fan ever since they pulled off their miracle win against the Vikings years ago to put the Packers in the playoffs.  Plus Larry Fitz is freaking awesome.

I'm just saying that I don't know if Max deserves the Rookie of the Week award, but then I guess I wouldn't know who would this week.  So congrats Max have a good bye week and good luck against the SeaChickens in week 7.   On a side note and as cynical as ever, if Tebow actually gets to play a game this season, and I mean actually play, not just hand off the ball in a Denver rout or take a knee, although it probably wouldn't matter, he could get 4 intercepts, post negative yards, and score for the other team and still be rookie of the week,  with all the Tebowmania going on, although it does seem to have cooled off.


I think I'm going to go buy a few packs of Chrome football this afternoon and get me a redemption card.



cb out.

No comments:

Post a Comment