Thursday, February 11, 2010

I am Kazakhstan

Well if anybody has been followoing the blogosphere, JD's Wildcardz is having a contest and all you have to do is pick a number.  Then to get bonus entries he asks that you plug him on your blog.  I already did that yesterday.  But go here to get in the contest there's still a few numbers left.

So I wanted number 19 which is my favorite baseball player of all time's number.  Robin Yount.  But it was already taken I'm sure that 19 was Norway or the US.  So I went with my second favorite player number 34 which is Rollie Fingers.  I just looked JD's blog to see what country I got.  Yep Kazakhstan.  Well know for all there winter olympic hopefuls. 

I really hope they have a prize for fewest medals.  LOL still can't beat a free contest and its fun.  Looks like I know who i'm going to root for this winter.  After a quick google search, since the USSR broke up Kazakhstan has only won 5 medals at the winter olympics, 1 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze. 

The way the contest works is you pick a number and that number is randomly assigned to a country.  You get points for medals won.  Easy enough.

Well good luck everybody.  I'll need it. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad, I took #7 and got Slovinia. Since the 1992 Games when they became independant from Yugoslavia they have won a total of 4 bronze medals.

    ReplyDelete