Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cynicalbuddha's Top 100 #45

I'm a child of the 80's. No not born in the 80's, but grew up in the 80's.  I remember when MTV played music videos, you could still buy vinyl at the record shops, nobody had a cellphone, the Atari 2600 and of course Garbage Pail Kids.  I missed Series 1 by a week, but got in on Series 2.  I remember having a complete set of series 2 at one time, where that is now God only knows.  But I've been building a nice little collection of GPK's for awhile now from the remnants of my collection from childhood and a pick ups from ebay.  I've also been toying with putting up a need list on my side bar, I know there are a few other GPK heads out there.  Anyway, I was just surfing ebay seeing if there were any lots of GPK's that weren't too pricey and happened along a guy selling singles from Series 1.  So far this is my only series 1 card in my collection and while not the more desirable of the twins a nice card.  I will say I was a little disappointed when the card came as the auction scan showed a mint card.  Of course the seller never alluded to condition in the listing and I toyed with complaining but in the end I still got a steal.

#45 on the Top 100...

1985 Series 1 Garbage Pail Kids Billy Blast 8b with matte checklist back. KABOOM!


1 comment:

  1. I have a whole box of (vintage) Series 3 that I need to collate. Jon from Community Gum needs some of my extras, but I'm sure they'll be plenty to go around if you need/want any.

    ReplyDelete