Friday, December 7, 2012

Whovians - The Eleven Doctors Box Set from Character Building

God, I'm such a nerd.  

I'm a huge Dr.Who fan.  I started watching Dr. Who back in the mid-80's and mostly Tom Baker as the 4th Doctor.  I would stay up late on weekends and watch the old BBC episodes.  By the time I was watching them Tom Baker had retired as the longest reigning reincarnation of the character, but since PBS was a couple years behind in airing the episodes I got to watch most of Tom's run.  When the 4th Doctor reincarnated into the 5th Doctor I kinda lost interest.  Fast forward to now and the current reincarnation of the series.  I was mildly aware that they had brought the series back, but hadn't seen or sought out any shows until I realize that I could stream them on through Netflix. After about 4 episodes of the first season, I was hooked.  I've slowly worked my way through the middle of season 4, ssshh don't spoil it for me.



Anyways I've featured Character Building's mini figures here before.  The only ones you can get in the US are the $1.99 gravity feed assortment imported by JDNA.  But in the UK Character Building is a pretty big brand with multiple licenses for some pretty big properties.  One of the them being Dr. Who.  I couldn't resist picking up the 11 Doctor Box set off of Amazon.

Front of the box
Back of the box
Inside of the box.
Each Doctor comes with it's own DW display base.  I think the Dr. Who blind packs also come with one of these.

Lets have a look at all eleven.






























I think my favorite is still the 4th Doctor. Not only because I enjoyed watching him growing up, but he comes with a scarf!! So who's your favorite Dr. Who?

3 comments:

  1. Very nice (although I do not share your fondness for Tom Baker.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you like a jelly baby? They're very good...

    I also got into Doctor Who from watching PBS, so Tom Baker will always be my favorite (and Leela will always be my favorite companion... Mmmmmmm... Leela...)

    I never cared much for #5, I despised #6, didn't watch much #7 (but kinda liked what little I saw of him) and was bored by #8's 2 hour tenure.

    I got into the new series when they first came out on DVD. I watched the first 10 minutes of the first episode and got a big smile on my face, because I could tell that the people behind the new series "got it".

    Christopher Eccleston is my favorite Doctor from the new series... Pity we didn't get more than one season from him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all, but for many years 4 was my fave because he was my "official" first doctor, I seem to recall having seen some of Doc 3 before then but not knowing it was Doctor Who when I first watched it until many years later thinking back on it. I do like 11. I tend to like the current doctor while he is running but he is not always my fave. I think my top five faves are 3,4,7,10,11 not sure of the order.

    ReplyDelete