Friday, March 29, 2013

2013 Gypsy Queen is live

We all know that Topps' retail always seems to hit about a week before hobby now.  And of course this year's Gypsy Queen is no exception.  I haven't seen any around me, but up here in Alaska I'm just happy when hobby is in on time.  That said Gypsy Queen is starting to show up on ebay and people are posting their retail breaks on forums and message boards.  The cards look good.  I'm sure I'll pick up at least a blaster or a rack pack or two, maybe a hobby box if prices drop as low as last years stuff did.

 This year the retail framed parallels are white and the inserted numbered ones are blue.



And of course there are some fun inserts.  I think my favorite I've seen is this Wizard card.  I'm no Card's fan, being a Brewers fan there's some animosity still from 1982 and having them in the same division now only makes it worse.  But this card is pretty awesome no matter how you slice it.

I've also noticed that those cool coin cards are also being found in retail.  I can't remember if they were hobby only before, but I've seen at least 2 breaks with coin cards.

I think I'm still saving my duckets for Allen and Ginter especially since Topps decided to do skip numbered SP's in this years release, but man it's tempting to rip some packs.

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't seen any around my part of the country, but I too am so eager to rip a few packs. I've tried my hand at building the last two years, but with money being tight I'll probably pass for A&G like yourself. That said I'll buy at least one rack pack upon sight!

    ReplyDelete