Thursday, June 5, 2014

A repacking farwell....for now

Well I'm about to start my busy field season. It usually lasts till the end of August and I'll be in and out for the next three months. That doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging as my past history has shown, but I'll try.

I also haven't been that interested in any of the new products as of late.  I am looking forward to Series 2, but not enough to rush out and buy a box.  Ginter might be another story.

Anywho...I had to pick a few things up before I leave town and stopped by Wally World and saw these repacked 3 pack packs and picked up a couple. So as a last post before my absence lets have a look at what's inside.
Each pack has 3 unopened packs.  Two you can see and a hidden pack. All for the low low price of 99 cents per pack.


The first repack had a 2007 Upper Deck Series 2 pack and Bowman Chrome showing. The hidden pack was a pack of 2005 UD Past Time Pennants. I opened a few boxes of the Past Time Pennants back in the day, but I don't remember opening any 2007 UD or 2008 Bowman Chrome
 Nothing special in the 3 card pack of Bowman Chrome. I was never a big fan of this year's design.

 The stand out card from the 2007 UD Series 2 pack is probably the A's Checklist card featuring Mike Piazza.   The Kameron Loe card is cool too, he would go on to pitch for the Brewers from 2010 - 2012

A nice grouping for the Past Time Pennants. Really a little something for everybody in this small pack.

Repack #2 had the 2008 UD First Edition and the 2007 Fleer Ultra showing and the mystery pack was a 2002 Donruss Originals.
 Upper Deck First Edition was the counterpart to Topps' Opening Day. A cheaper version of the flagship set this pack even had a Starquest insert.  This was definitely a Yankees pack with 4 total including the Jeter Starquest card.  It's an emerald version and the most common.
 I remember opening a few packs of 2007 Ultra years ago. I ended up pulling one of the Cal Ripken Jr insert set, Ultra Iron Man.


I don't remember ever even seeing this set back in 2002.  That doesn't surprise me, back in 2002 I was living out of suitcase working as a on board fisheries observer in the Bering Sea and logging a lot of sea days.  Combined with that the shear number of sets released around that time a few are bound to fall through the cracks.  A nice grouping in this pack as well and I get a Frank Thomas to add to my PC.  The Ted Williams card is actually one of Donruss' famous decoys.

Well nothing to earth shattering, but for less than a buck a pack it was cool to rip a few packs I'd never ripped before.

Like I said I might find time to post here and there, but I have a feeling it'll be slim pickings here for a while.

See ya on the other side.

cb out

4 comments:

  1. Do they hide the best packs on purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Donruss Originals are new to me and, I have to say, I think they are kind of awesome. Now I'm going to have to search that out!

    ReplyDelete

  3. An alternative phenomena on the 50's was first all the "trapeze clothes: a fabulous swinging clothes basically triangular meet and additionally chanel replica manufactured to come to be employed by means of poor athletic shoes and additionally bouffant hair. " All the trapeze clothes was first down the road modernized perfectly into a diminished newborn baby girl doll outdoor tents trend clothes, that wasthat's trendy over the following times. Understandably one in every of chanel replica some of the most antique model clothing from 50's was first Stacee Dior's H-line about 1954, in which contains a fabulous willowy tunic-style satisfy by having a skinny cloth. An individual's other sorts of trendy ways challenging fake rolex stage happen to be an individual's A fabulous and additionally Y simply marks. Dior is certainly a fabulous prominent trigger on the model country, most definitely on the 50's. An individual's extremely creative and additionally constantly voluminous clothing bought wives a fabulous prada replica a great deal more feminine come near. An alternative beautiful, Hubert Givenchy formulated a fabulous French trend clothe themselves with 1957 in which the person generally known as all the Carrier. All the Carrier developed all the phenomena about straighter-waist wedding gowns. First, the software developed into all the "fitted darted sheath clothes and additionally chanel replica down the road throughout the get rid of without delay short-term proceed clothes. "

    ReplyDelete