Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The fine print


I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who forgot to cancel their Collector Crate subscription.  I'm not sure if I just missed the fine print or they put it up after I ordered my one box, but I ended up getting sent and charged for another box.  I sent Collector Crate a snarky email and they were more than willing to refund my money, but in the end it was probably my fault anyways, so I bit the bullet and now I'm the proud owner of another bronze level box. So I'm going to share it with you.

Since I didn't know I was getting another box I couldn't put in three teams I'd like to get stuff from as a result I got stuff from all over the board.



In this month's box I got a nice selection, and I mean that, of packs, the manila envelope of goodies, a bag of sunflower seed, another plastic baseball featuring the Yankees, a pair of cheap sunglasses with the Yankees logo on them, two stickers, Mets and Tigers, and another small pennant featuring the Mariners.
I was actually really impressed with this month's selection of packs.

I won't bore you with the contents of each pack, I'll just show the good stuff.  The two packs I was most interested in were the mid 90's Leaf packs.  I don't think I opened any Leaf Limited or Preferred back then and both were both pretty top end at the time.
Super shiny.
Preferred comes with one metal card.  The pack was very heavy.
Here are the inserts and hits I got from everything else.
It was really nice to see that the retail pack of Masterpieces yielded a relic.

My goodie envelope was pretty thick
And that was because there was two extra cards.  The Griffey rookie was nice and it was also nice to see that my relic and auto were of players of I've heard of.  It's also cool to see Collector Crate doing some exclusive stuff like this custom Jeter art card.

Overall I would say that this box was a vast improvement over my initial box last month, the pack selection was better, the hits were better and even the extra stuff, though I don't want any of it, was better.  Luckily I have a buddy who's a Yankees fan that lives just down the street from me, so I know whats going into his Christmas present.

cb out.

1 comment:

  1. Same thing happened to me... except with Loot Crate. Great selection of packs... I especially love their choice to include UD Masterpieces. The Jeter print is cool too.

    ReplyDelete