Monday, January 19, 2015

My Blue Sunday....and Monday


I'm a sad Packer fan today. It's not as bad as yesterday afternoon, but I'm still pretty shocked at the Packers implosion.  I can talk about the missed opportunities, the chain of worst case scenarios that kept coming true, but in the end it's still just a game and while I would have loved to see my Packers in the this year's Super Bowl in the end Seattle won fair and square.  I'd even say that the officiating was pretty decent and even heavy in Green Bay's favor.  No I won't be rooting for them this year.

Anyway I figured I post a quick and dirty watercolor I did years ago.  I'm not sure if I painted this in 2005 or 2004. I ended up putting a 2005 date on it, but I do know I painted it while out in a field camp one fall.  I was in the middle of nowhere, but we strung an antennae and could get Fairbanks sports radio in camp, so on Sundays we would huddle around the radio and listen to football.  I actually got to listen to a Packer game out there and if you can't tell they lost.

Just seemed fitting to post.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it would have been nice if the Packers had held on, or gone for the TD and gotten it early in the game, or simply played better defense and special teams near the end of the game.

    At least now I don't have to worry about football any more this year.

    ReplyDelete