Wednesday, January 25, 2012

1963 Topps Baseball Project - Presents the Duke!


I figure I'd keep the HOF 1963 posts going and round out the last of my 3 HOF pick ups for the set.
When you think of Duke Snider you more than likely think of the Dodgers, but in 1963 Duke went to the Mets. I not only picked up this card, but his 64 in the same auction and got both delivered for under twenty bucks.  Not a bad deal if I do say so myself.  This card is probably in the lowest range I wanted for my set.  The corners are soft, theres a little edge damage on the right in the red part. But it has a clean back and decent centering and it's of DUKE SNIDER! For 10 Bucks!!!! 





Like I said I also got his 64 card which I'll feature here.  It's in better shape than the 63, better centered.  This would be Dukes last regular issue card.  Featured in his Mets jersey, Duke was actually sold to the Giants on Opening Day in 1964 and that would be his last year.


Duke has two World Series rings to his name, he was an 8 time All-Star and was voted into the Hall of Fame in 1980 with over 86% of the vote.  Duke passed away last year in February at the age of 84.


2 comments: