Saturday, April 1, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 5

Day 5: A certified autograph card of one of your favorite players.

So many cards to choose from, and I was having a hard time choosing who and then a hard time choosing what.  In the end I went with what is currently my only certified Paul Molitor autograph.  I don't consider myself an Igniter super collector, but Molly surely has a place in any self respecting Brewers collector's collection.  And the best part is I picked this card up for chump change at my LCS.  I will say the price difference between Molitor cards and Yount cards is almost a factor of 5, so it seems odd I haven't targeted more of Molly's stuff.  Well that might change.



3 comments:

  1. Back in the 80s, Molitor was a MUCH easier autograph to get than Yount. Molitor signed after games and did multiple personal appearances, whereas I can only remember one free Yount personal appearance. So I have a bunch of "uncertified" autos of Molitor but not nearly as many of Yount.

    That's a great looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just over at COMC and was totally shocked at how affordable Molitor's signatures are. There are at least three... maybe four different ones to choose from that are under $15. Seems like a steal.

    ReplyDelete