Monday, April 3, 2017

Day 7: A card you bought in person and the story behind it.

It's a rare sight finding a card show here in Anchorage anymore.  It's even rarer when I get to go and find a card that not only I need, but fits so perfectly into my collection.  But that happened a few year's ago.  It wasn't a big show, but there were enough guys set up to make it worth my while and I was thumbing through some miscellaneous boxes of random cards and found the card below.  I'd been looking for the Gold parallel of Robin's card from the 2011 Tribute set for awhile and hadn't pulled the trigger to any online as most were going for way more than I wanted to spend.  I pulled the card out and asked the dealer what he wanted for it.  He didn't even seem to know who Robin was and asked was it really even worth anything.  I smiled and said I'd give him $5 for it, which he jumped at and I had wished maybe I'd found a few more cards to bundle with it.  But the price I offered I thought was fair to both of us and I figured I'd be paying at least half that to have it shipped to me if I won it online.  Either way I think we were both happy that day and I picked up a low numbered Yount card for my collection.


2 comments:

  1. The best kind of hobby sale is when both the buyer and seller walking feeling good about the deal. Great card. Great post. Great transaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and a great story to go with it!

    ReplyDelete