Sunday, April 2, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 6

Day 6 A card you spent more than $10 to get.

I make no bones about it, I'm cheap.  Especially when collecting.  It helps I'm a Brewers collector too since most Brewers cards can be had on the cheap, usually.  That being said I have splurged from time to time.  And what I usually splurge on are Robin Yount autographs.  Back when I had a lot more pocket change to waste on cards I picked up a few of my favorite high end Yount cards.  While more expensive products have come out and nicer on card autos can be had, the 2008 Topps Sterling set is still one of the gold standards in high end sets for me.  Plus the 2008 set featured player-centric boxes with some pretty kick ass cards, even if most of the autos were stickers.  Plus this card features a great selection within the quad relics.  And while I didn't break the bank with any of the cards I bought they were well over $10.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome card! When I first got back into the hobby, I'd sit around and watch guys bust this product on YouTube. This stuff was insane.

    ReplyDelete