Thursday, April 10, 2014

You got some splaining to do!


I picked up this 2014 Topps Museum Primary Pieces quad relic featuring Rickie Weeks on a whim.  I'll be honest as a Brewers fan I'm torn on Rickie.  Rickie had been very dependable at second for quite a few years now. Of course last year wasn't all that hot and then his season ended early due to injury.  There were quite a few rumors running around before the season that Rickie was going to get traded.   But he's still here and sharing second base duties with Scooter Gennett.  While looking over the auctions on ebay for some Brewers Museum Collection cards I couldn't pass up picking up this awesome card for under $3.00.  All told with shipping I add a beautiful card to my Brewers team collection for right around a five spot and I'll take that any day.  How much longer will Rickie be a Brewer?  Will he rebound and have a stand out season?  Who knows.

The lines on the card are from the penny sleeve.




3 comments:

  1. Nice grab , I have become a Brewer collecter of some sort..Yovani Gallardo being my main target. Maybe we will do a trade of some sort in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of Gallardo as well and I pick his stuff up when I can, but to be honest since Fielder left and Braun got suspended for PED's I've been searching for a Brewer to center my collection around. Gallardo wouldn't be a bad idea, but I'm a big fan of a few of the younger Brewers right now like Logan Schafer, Scooter Gennett, and Khris Davis. If Scooter ends up getting the 2nd base job full time instead of splitting it with Rickie and he starts getting more cardboard I might have to make him my main focus for active team members.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations. It's hard to pass up a nice patch card from a highend product for $5. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete