Sunday, February 13, 2022

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner - 12th Annual Almost the Easiest Super Bowl Contest on the Web has a winner!!!

 


Wow I can't believe it's already over.  I had a nice afternoon enjoying the game at home.  I really had no horse in the race so I was really just hoping for a great competitive game (I might have been leaning on rooting for the Bengals just a little).  And boy did we get that!  It was a lot lower scoring than a lot of you predicted, but how can you complain when the game was so close the entire way and really came down to the last drive.  I'm glad Stafford and Donald get rings and wow Kupp was impressive, but Burrow, Mixon, and Higgins were equally fun to watch.  If the Bengals can keep that team intact they will be ruling the AFC North, heck maybe all of the AFC for some time.  

Ahem, let's get down to what you all are here for.  We had 4 teams going into the finals.  Two had who picked the Bengals and two for the Rams.  No one correctly predicted the opponent so we have to move to total points and boy did our two correct picks way over predict that!  But by the margin of just one point CaptKirk42 is our grand prize winner!!!!!!

bbcardz - LA Rams over Kansas City Chiefs, 72 points, 3 field goals PIMP

Twinkiller on TCDb - Bengals over Packers, (Yeah that's right,) 54 points, 4 FG

CaptKirk42 - Rams over Bills 71 points 5 FGs

Huskerfan22 - Cincinnati over Green Bay, 59 points, 5 FGS tcdb: Huskerfan22


A complete correct guess with tie breakers would have been:

Bengals over Rams, 43 Pts, 3 FGs


Kirk just happens to be a Rams fan, I guess that's not too surprising.  Kirk also writes a couple blogs the most relevant is CaptKirk42s Trading Card Blog. Kirk I'll be sending you an email here shortly, I think I have some nice Rams stuff for your collection.  Also I'm fairly certain (without going back through my notes) that Kirk has won one of my contests before.  

But wait we ain't done yet.  We still have a door prize to give away.  As is our policy, everyone who entered (and I have to add this caveat,  everyone who entered and had an identifiable entry, we had 3 unknowns that were removed)  has a chance at the door prize.  People who promoted the contest got an extra entry.  The names of everyone who entered were entered into a list randomizer at random.org and the list was randomized 3 times!



And it's Fuji!! Who writes the great blog The Chronicles of Fuji.  Fuji is a fellow Packers fan, but also collects Seahawks (so he's probably getting Seahawks).  

Again I just want to thanks everyone who entered!! I know I've really slacked on the blogging front for that last couple years, but it's awesome to have such a great turn out for a contest.  Kirk and Fuji I will be contacting both of you to make sure I have current shipping addresses.

Now let's just hope we have a baseball season so I can have the my 12th Annual World Series contest!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Thanks for the contest. I was expecting a much higher score. And yes a few years back I won I believe it was the World Series contest because it was the year My Nationals won it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeehaw! That sure was easy. Thank you for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Kirk and Fuji! Meanwhile, on the randomization, I came very close...to LAST place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Night Owl said.

    Seriously thought, congratulations to the winners! And thanks for a fun contest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the winners and thanks for having the contest again! It was an entertaining game for sure. I like how you said Fuji prefers the Packers but he also collects the Seahawks, so he's getting Seahawks.

    ReplyDelete