Thursday, December 22, 2011

Whew!!! I got a mess of eTopps coming.



I'm not sure how many of you have ever bought IPO's or cards off of eTopps.  I've been picking stuff up since 2004 and to be honest it's hit or miss.  eTopps can be bought or sold from your online portfolio on the eBay trading floor and it seems except for a few rare instances that the prices rarely stay above the original IPO price. That being said I've had over 200 some odd cards in my portfolio forever.  I kept thinking about selling them on ebay on the trading floor or having them delivered, but just never did.  You also accrue performance points if players you buy meet certain goals in the sports year.  Over the last 7 years I've accumulated over 300, so when Colbey over at Cardboard Collections pointed out that Topps will be updating it's shipping policies next year and doing away with the ability to use your Performance/Rewards Points to pay for shipping I jumped and had everything in my portfolio available sent to me.  That's over 200 (222 to be exact) cards baby.  Now you can use your rewards points for stuff in their catalog, I never seem to be able to get in when they sell boxes of cards, but I did pick up some cheap eTopps cards from their leftovers.   Needless to say in the 7 years I've been buying and picking up eTopps cards I've never redeemed any Rewards points and after looking through the catalog one more time decided it was time to save myself a crap load on shipping ($237!!) and have my complete portfolio sent to me. And of course I missed a few the first time through so I had to place a second order, but I still have over 100 rewards points left!

What am I going to do with all those cards you ask?  Well I'll probably sell a few, but more than likely there will a ton of really cool trade bait for everyone.  So stay tuned.

So just to help Colbey spread the word if you have a bunch of eTopps cards in your portfolio and and bunch of unused Rewards Points and you want some cards get to it before it's too late!!!

4 comments:

  1. Too bad you can't gift those left over Reward points. I've got a few auctions I'm bidding on now, but as soon as they are over after Christmas I too am having everything shipped that is available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Topps' shipping charges are astounding. I have no idea how they justify it. And they even managed to screw me on the Diamond Giveaway - I was excited because I had gotten the 45 rings for the 2011 Factory Set and the free shipping that comes with it, but then I found out I can only redeem 25 cards per order. I had like 50-55 cards total, so I had to pay for the others I wanted and leave some behind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting my very first eTopps card in a trade, so if you have any Twins cards you'd want to trade, there's a REAL GOOD chance it's one I don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple that I bought over 10 years ago and I never had them shipped. I'm ticked like Milwaukee Southpaw about the 25 card limit on the Diamond Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete