Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cynicalbuddha's Top 100 #17


Reggie, Reggie, Reggie.
Oh the second time that Reginald has graced on  the Top 100.  Most likely won't be the last.  I'll be honest I'm not a huge fan of Triple Threads.  I find the relic cards clunky and some of the lettering silly.  Take this card.  10 WS HRS with the letter spacing all mixed up.  Now this card was advertised at 7 relics.  We all know that this isn't true.  Forget the fact that I practically stole this card off of ebay.  There are at most 3 separate relic pieces here and possibly only 2.  There are 7 die cut letters covering the relic pieces, hence the off letter spacing, but there is not seven individual relics on this card. And TTT just looks so similar from year to year, I guess you could argue that as a selling point. Enough ranting.  While I find Triple Threads to be way to over priced for pack breaking I don't mind picking up a few cards  off of ebay or where ever for my PC's.  And to be honest it seems people forget about Jackson.  I picked up this card and another one for dirt cheap.  And it's a multi relic low numbered card of a player I collect, so bully!!!!  Number 17 on the top 100...

2008 Topps Triple Threads Reggie Jackson Triple (7 Letter) Relic card TTR-177 numbered 31/36.



cb out.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! And the pinstripes are actually lined up, unlike this year's debacles.

    ReplyDelete